Fifth International Symposium
Frontiers in Polymer Science
In association with the journal polymer
17-19 May 2017 | Seville, Spain
Join star plenary speakers and international delegates at the Fifth International Symposium Frontiers in Polymer Science.
The 3-day symposium will consist of 15 plenary lectures (of 50 minutes each), given by outstanding scientists whose exceptionally creative work opens up new frontiers for polymer science. In addition, there will be three poster sessions (each consisting of two parts within the same day) allowing for the viewing of a large number of poster presentations. Abstracts for poster presentations covering all aspects of modern polymer science are welcome.
The symposium will start at 14:00 h on Wednesday, 17 May 2016 and finish at around 16:00 h on Friday, 19 May 2017.
We expect around 600 participants from over 50 countries as for the previous four symposia in the series.
The symposium will be held in Seville in southern Spain. With three World Heritage Sites, including one of the largest and most famous churches in the world, you will find many fantastic historical and cultural sights to explore during your time in Seville.
The First International Symposium Frontiers in Polymer Science took place in Mainz, Germany from 7-9 June 2009 and celebrated the 50th anniversary of the journal polymer. You can find out more about this and the subsequent symposia in the series via the History page.
Click to download apps
- Joanna Aizenberg, Harvard University, USA
- Frank Caruso, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Sharon Glotzer, University of Michigan, USA
- Wilhelm T.C. Huck, Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Sébastien Lecommandoux, University of Bordeaux, France
- Timothy P. Lodge, University of Minnesota, USA
- E.W. (Bert) Meijer, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Sébastien Perrier, University of Warwick, UK
- Rodney S. Ruoff, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
- Niyazi Serdar Sariciftci, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Thomas Scheibel, University of Bayreuth, Germany
- Martina Stenzel, University of New South Wales, Australia
- María J. Vicent, Centro de Investigación Príncipe Felipe, Valencia, Spain
- Karen Winey, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Dongyuan Zhao, Fudan University, China
- Stephen Z. D. Cheng, University of Akron, USA
- Rumen Duhlev, Elsevier, United Kingdom
- Axel H.E. Müller, Johannes-Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Germany
- Julio San Román, CSIC, Spain
Symposium Advisory Committee
- Mattias Ballauff, Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie, Berlin, Germany
- Er-Qiang Chen, Peking University, Beijing, China
- Yongming Chen, Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangzhou, China
- Charles C. Han, Shenzhen University, China
- Kohzo Ito, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Hiroshi Jinnai, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
- Georg Krausch, Johannes-Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, Germany
- S. Richard Turner, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, USA
- Tsutomu Yokozawa, Kanagawa University, Yokohama, Japan
Conference hashtag #polymer2017